April is Financial Literacy Month. Knowledge is Power…
Seven out of ten American workers say financial stress is their most common cause of stress. Financial pressures can impact productivity, engagement, absence rates, retention and even employee health. We aim to shine a spotlight on the impact of financial stress and provide tools for you to get a handle on financial information and the associated stress. Please visit our Financial Wellness Page for more information and tools useful year-round.
Special Presentation April 10: How to Get Started on Taking Care of Your Finances and Yourself by Linda Matthews
Personal finance can be challenging. Most of us were not taught how to manage our money, and so we are uncertain how to get started. Join us for this discussion of what to do in order to take care of your own finances, whether that be dealing with debt, living within your income, saving for the future or planning for retirement. Linda Matthew is the owner of MoneyMindful Personal Finance Coaching in Davis (www.moneymindful.org). She offers individual sessions and classes to help people create a financially healthy life. Combining a background in engineering and analysis with a decade of training in emotional healing, Linda brings both sides to helping her clients take care of their finances.
Linda is an Accredited Financial Counselor (AFC®) with more than 20 years of professional experience in numerical and economic analysis and 10 years of training in emotional healing. She has B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees from MIT, and has completed 40 hours of training in Divorce Mediation.
12:00-1:00, Wednesday, April 10, Hamilton Room, Heitman Staff Learning Center (Silo complex)
The Money Paradox How does money motivate, trick, satisfy and disappoint us?
More Learn in Person:
- April 9: SAFE Credit Union presents: Knowing your Numbers 12:00 Hoagland 130 RSVP req.
- April 10: WorkLife presents: How to Get Started on Taking Care of Your Finances and Yourself with Linda Matthews, MoneyMindful,, 12:00 Hamilton Room, Heitman Staff Learning Center. See above for more information. No RSVP required.
- April 19: SAFE CU presents: Become and Auto Buying Aficionado 12:00 Hoagland 130 RSVP req.
- April 23: SAFE CU presents: Get Moving Into a Home of Your Own 12:00 Hoagland 130 RSVP req.
- April 24: Travis Credit Union & Friends of the Davis Public Library present: Building Budgets 6:00 Davis Branch Library. LEARN MORE