Conferral of emeritus/a status is an honor granted by the chancellor upon retirement of a University of California, Davis employee who has provided outstanding service to the university.
Non-academic nominees who hold Management and Senior Professional, Grade III or above, or Senior Management Group positions.
- At least ten years of service;
- Service at the time of retirement in a position assigned to Management and Senior Professional Grade III or above, or a position at any grade of the Senior Management Group;
- Extraordinary and meritorious contributions to the fulfillment of the mission and programs of the university; and
- Recognition from outside the University of California of noteworthy contributions to the nominee’s professional field.
A recommendation for emeritus/a status shall be made to the chancellor using the Staff Emeritus/a Nomination Form. The nomination normally shall be submitted three months prior to the date of the nominee's retirement. A nomination can be submitted by an individual or by a recognized campus group or committee. The nominator(s) must complete the nomination form including the following information:
- the nominee's date of retirement
- a brief history of university employment, and a detailed description of how the criteria, set forth above, have been fulfilled.
Benefits of Emeritus/a Status:
- Pension and health and welfare benefits
- A complimentary retiree parking permit (issued biennially)
- A Retiree AggieCard - provides discounts to Department of Campus Recreation, Mondavi, and athletic programs and events
- For staff who are granted emeritus/a status, in addition to the recognition provided by the chancellor, additional benefits include:
- Maintenance of one’s UC Davis e-mail address
- Lifetime UC Davis library privileges
- Eligibility to join the UC Davis Emeriti Association – membership includes discounts to UC Davis Retiree Center events and complimentary membership to the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI)