The School at Work (SAW) Program is ideal for entry-level career, non-probationary employees interested in advancing within a healthcare environment.
Since 2006, UC Davis Health has offered the School at Work (SAW) program to its employees. Across the US, SAW is known as a career development model for frontline healthcare associates. SAW sharpens key behavioral skills to optimize an employee's performance in their current role and puts them on a healthcare career path. This program is ideal for entry-level, non-probationary Career employees interested in advancing within our healthcare environment. Selected employees complete a six-month program which combines mandatory classroom instruction, computer course work, and self-study with a coaching component.
Our SAW program is a comprehensive career development tool that strengthens communication, grammar, reading, writing and Microsoft Office skills. It also provides employees with ownership for the HCAHPS rating and introduces them to medical terminology. Employees will gain skills necessary to improve in their current position, develop a personalized career plan, seek technical school or job advancement, and build their confidence to realize a healthcare career.
To successfully graduate, participants must complete the full six-month program. The program consists of weekly class sessions (2.5 hours per week) where participants are led by a coach-facilitator through interactive exercises, discussions and computer based course work. Participants also invest an additional two to four hours per week of self-study during non-working hours.
Application | Date | Time | Location
- The School At Work (SAW) application and class calendar will be available on May 1.
- The SAW application period is from May 1 - 31, 2019.
- Applicants must attend one of the mandatory pre-assessment offered on June 10 or June 12 at Ticon lll, HR Classroom #2400.
- Applicants will be notified of their participation by June 28.
- Sessions begin July 9 and conclude December 18.
- Classes are held once a week on Wednesday mornings from 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. at Ticon lll, HR Classroom #2400.
- SAW Graduation ceremony to be held on January 8, 2020 at the MIND Auditorium.
Contact Judyth Isaman, Sr. Training Analyst | firstname.lastname@example.org