The Administrative Assistant Academy (AAA) is an ideal program for UCDH employees interested in advancing within our healthcare environment and transitioning into an administrative assistant role or improving their current administrative skill set.
The AAA is designed to develop key areas of administrative skills:
- Communication skills to foster collaborative working relationships.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and goal setting skills to increase workplace effectiveness.
- Set core competencies in reading and writing to close skills gaps in comprehension, grammar, and business writing.
- Provide an understanding of the "UC Davis Health office technology baseline.”
Participants must attend the nine (9) mandatory instructor led sessions in this program, and complete nine (9) eCourses to receive the Administrative Assistant Academy Program Certificate. Those who score 80 percent or above on the AAA exit-assessment will also receive a Knowledge Mastery Certificate.
Instructor Led Sessions: Each session is two and a half (2.5) hours, held once a week over nine (9) weeks
- Life Management Skills
- Mastering Communication in the Workplace
- Principles of Patient Satisfaction and Safety
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Effective Problem Solving
- Grammar in the Workplace
- Reading in the Workplace
- Writing in the Workplace
- Knowledge Mastery Assessment
UC Learning Center, eCourses
- Administrative Support: Projecting a Positive Professional Image
- Administrative Support: Developing Your Essential Skills
- Administrative Support: Interacting Effectively with Colleagues
- Working with the Interface and Performing Basic Tasks in Word 2016
- Getting Started with Excel 2010
- Introduction to the PowerPoint 2016 Interface and Basic Tasks
- Getting to Know Outlook 2016
- Managing Contacts, Tasks, and the Calendar in Outlook 2016
- Using the Calendar to Schedule Appointments, Events, and Tasks in Outlook 2016
Contact Training and Development: HS-T-D@ucdavis.edu