This program cultivates a diverse pool of highly talented and motivated staff interested in pursuing administrative officer positions.
The UC Davis Administrative Officers for the Future program supports the university’s commitment to develop and retain a distinguished and diverse staff and is intended to increase participants’ sense of community and commitment to UC Davis.
UC Davis/UC Davis Health employees who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- At least one year at UC Davis/UC Davis Health
- Completed probation
- Career status
- Suggested Level: Currently employed in a salary grade of 18 CT or above (or equivalent)
The program incorporates a variety of activities including assessments, classroom instruction, panel presentations, individual development planning, group projects, and reflective writing. Based on a competency model developed specifically for chief administrative officers at UC Davis, the seven-month program is intended to prepare aspiring administrative officers to be competitive for future openings at UC Davis.
- 360-Degree Competency-Based Assessment
- Function-Based Self-Assessment
- Development Planning
- Competency-Based Workshops
- 1-3 days per month of classroom activities
- Individual Work
- Analytical Writing Project
- Informational Interviews
- Individual Development
- Group Project
- 40-hour project
- Program Timeline
To be added to the "Express Interest" list, contact the AOFTF team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A competency model is a description of key competencies required for outstanding performance in a given job or category of jobs. It consists of a set of competencies that have been selected through a detailed research process that demonstrates their importance for success on the job.
The UC Davis Administrative Officers for the Future program provides assessment and development in the following six competencies:
Building Strategic Relationships
- Initiates, cultivates and maintains strategic alliances with key senior managers and other stakeholders within and outside the organization.
- Identifies and addresses obstacles to partnering across the organization to achieve objectives.
- Collaborates with colleagues to achieve results in alignment with the mission and operations of the organization.
- Models communications that invite participation and dialogue.
- Establishes communication processes to keep others informed and to seek input.
- Considers audience, message, timing, objective and mode of communication.
- Produces written communications using appropriate grammar, tense and language.
- Delivers oral presentations that are clear, logically organized and persuasive.
- Analyzes situations, makes timely and sound decisions and constructs implementation plans.
- Understands and navigates organizational systems and procedures to accomplish work independently and through others.
- Anticipates change, capitalizes on opportunities and drives results.
Strategic Problem Analysis
- Analyzes and evaluates information and situations.
- Asks questions to get to the root cause of issues.
- Examines and defines issues from multiple perspectives.
- Integrates information into a sound decision-making process.
- Considers consequences of decisions before taking action prior to implementation.
- Attracts, recruits and hires talented people into the organization.
- Leads, engages and coaches people to maximize individual performance.
- Establishes expectations and provides timely, clear, constructive feedback.
- Takes corrective action to improve unacceptable performance or behavior.
- Recognizes and rewards people for high-level performance and contributions.
- Participates in team activities that promote effective peer and other work relationships.
- Keeps commitments to the team and demonstrates a shared responsibility and focus to ensure objectives and goals are met.
- Fosters team communications and dialogue.
- Identifies opportunities to gain consensus for team options, decisions and outcomes.
None available at this time.
The application period for the AOFTF Development Program has been postponed.
Express Interest Here
Questions or for more information
Please email the AOFTF Team at email@example.com.