FAQs for UC Davis Job Applicants
- Can I apply in person?
- Applications are only accepted online via http://employment.ucdavis.edu. If you do not have access to a personal computer, there are two computers available for use located at the Human Resource Administration Building on campus.
- What do I need before I apply?
- In addition to completing your online application, you may be asked to electronically submit additional documents such as resumes, cover letters, references, etc. Supporting documents need to be submitted with your application in electronic formats (doc, rtf, PDF, and txt) and should not be larger than 2 MB.
- How long does it take to complete an application?
- The time it takes to complete an online application depends on several factors such as the amount information you have to enter, your type speed, etc. To expedite the process, collect your employment and education history before you begin the online application.
- What if I do not have an email address?
- An email address is not required to complete an online application. However, if you would like to acquire an e-mail address, please visit sites such as www.gmail.com or www.yahoo.com for free email accounts.
- Do I need to fill out an application if I am interested in temporary positions?
- Yes, applicants must apply online for open temporary positions. To search for Temporary Employment Services openings, please use the drop down menu in the "Department" field and select "TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT SERVICES - 062120".
- Do I need to use the same application for other positions?
- No, you can edit your application by logging into the Career Opportunities site and selecting the "Edit Application" link on the left navigation bar. Make the necessary changes, then save your application before you submit it for a specific position.
Note: Once you submit your application for a specific position, you will not be able to make changes to your application. Please verify that all information is correct before submitting.
- Can I apply for more than one position at a time?
- Yes, however you will need to submit a separate application for each posting.
- Can I apply directly to the hiring department?
- No, the online careers page is the only way to submit an application. Only job applicants who have submitted an online employment application will be considered.
- Can I copy and paste selected information from another electronic document?
- Yes, you can copy and paste the information from an electronic document directly into the appropriate fields on the online application form.
- How will I know if my application was accepted?
- Each time you apply to a job, you will receive a confirmation number. If you do not receive a confirmation number, you have not officially applied to the job. In order to finish applying for the posting, click on the "Complete" link on your Application Status page.
- How do I print out a copy of application?
- Before submitting your application, you will have the option to view it. Your application opens in a new browser window, click on the printer icon to print your application.
- I submitted my application and noticed that I forgot to include information. Can I resubmit my application?
- No, once you have submitted an employment application for a specific job posting you cannot edit the application or supporting documents for that posting.
- How can I view the status of my application?
- You may check on the status of your application at any time by logging on to the online system. The first page displayed is all your application statuses. You may see these statuses in the status column:
Not Qualified - System disqualifies.
HR Received - Your application has been received in Human Resources.
In Progress/In Process - The job posting is still open and based on your skills/qualifications, you may or not be contacted for an interview.
Position Filled - Another candidate has been hired.
Position Withdrawn - The job posting has been cancelled and applications will no longer be accepted.
- When will I hear back?
- There are a number of factors that affect the process (i.e. scheduling committees, logistics, layoff consideration), which can delay and impact timelines. Please allow a minimum of eight weeks.
- Who will see my online application?
- Your application is on a secured web server and will be available to Human Resources and the Hiring Department. UC Davis does not share your information with any other organizations or individuals outside the University.
- How can I withdraw my application from a job?
- To withdraw your application from a job you have applied to, please send a request including your full name and username to email@example.com.
- What if I forgot my username and/or password?
- Visit the Career Opportunities site: http://employment.ucdavis.edu. Select "Login" on the left side navigation, and click on "I Forgot my Password" link. Enter your user name, then answer the "secret question". If you do not know your secret question answer or your user name, email firstname.lastname@example.org