Dixon

Originally, named "Dicksonville", Dixon is known for hosting the Dixon May Fair, which started in 1876 and includes tractor pulls, demolition derbys, traditional fair games, food and music.

Named after Thomas Dickson who at the time donated 10 acres of his land for the construction of a railroad depot following the completion of the tracks and relocation of Silveyville to the now-Dixon area. However, when the first rail shipment of merchandise arrived from San Francisco in 1872, it was mistakenly addressed to "Dixon"—a name that has been used since, mainly out of simplicity. Trains no longer stop in Dixon, but the town has grown nonetheless. 

Helpful Links 


Commuting

  • Distance to UC Davis Campus: 8 miles
  • Distance to UC Davis Health Sacramento Campus: 25 miles

Employees in Dixon

(based on 2015 payroll records of full-time employees)

Employees Number Who Live in Dixon
UC Davis Campus 445
UC Davis Health, Sacramento Campus 50